Wednesday, June 3, 2009

5.1 sound on audigy 2 FINALLY on a terrible day

Last night, i got home from an overstayed day in san francisco because some careless chinese computer shop didn't bother calling me about my order being delayed. Anyway made me wait till the 7:30 caltrain to get home around 9pm in san jose... while i was going to the train station i spotted my old cannondale that i sold to a friend's friend of mine ... it was a good site that kinda changed my mood. I wanted to stick around and see if the lady i sold it to was around - but i was kinda anxious to get home and decided to just move on instead of looking suspicious.

Riding at night was something i never really like doing since i keep advocating safety when using a bike.... and coincidentally some caucasian driver shouted out his window giving me a lecture about it ....

The day was bad ... and i could have saved myself a lot of time by getting home earlier - it was 9pm and i was hungry - i came home to a pot full (~5lb) of raw chicken with an odor that i was supposed to cook yesterday ... i just threw away the chicken despite my hunger - since food poisoning isn't an option with a bike event coming along. PBJ was my dinner along with some overly flavored "producer's vanilla ice cream" that i regret buying.

anyway I'm starting to enjoy this blogging and it is a good way to put off some stress and rant about others. well the day wasn't over, i still had my project computer there begging for me to try out some new ideas to work around that good for nothing audigy 2 ZS platnium pro.... the most expensive of the audigy 2 series.

Last time i got most of the drivers working with help from nomoregoatsoup.com or whatever their site was... seems like a site dedicated to bashing on creative but also providing support for all those who were affected by creative's lousy drivers.

the workaround was to use an Xi-Fi driver package and unzip it and only install the drivers located within. This was a great solution since the driver package contained drivers for my audigy 2 card ... and it worked 100% with windows 7 (probably vista too). so the program had two options: installing drivers + removing drivers - removing the existing drivers was first step and then installing drivers after a required restart. This program only installed the drivers so no applications provided - if you want applications i'd suggest installing one of creative's software packages and then use this work around right after.

well these drivers alone wasn't enough, so the other tool i used was AC3filter, an application that specializes in dolby digital sound manipulation and has probably tons of other features... i used their S/PDIF direct feature and now my logitech z-5500 gets that "DOLBY DIGITAL" i was hoping for .... AFTER ALL THIS I WAS FINALLY SATISFIED!!! I guess the card actually works... so i'll keep that in mind if i come across some angry owners willing to give it up.

No comments: